Spam can mean two things on Fandom. Usually it means messages left on pages, articles or threads, that are trying to sell you something or publicize something. Sometimes these messages are part of a scam, where someone is trying to fool you into giving them money.
Spam can also mean repetitive nonsense posted over and over again. This second meaning most commonly applies to chat. This type of spam is best dealt with by the community's admins and chatmods.
If you see spam on a wiki, you can either remove it yourself, or tell an admin about it. If there is a lot of spam, you can contact our Volunteer Spam Task Force (VSTF) and they will help clean it up.
Some quick tips and advice:
- Never, ever, give anyone your Fandom password.
- Do not give money to anyone you meet on Fandom.
- Be careful clicking links that you don't recognize.
- Remember that people online may not be who they say they are.
- Keep your private information private.
If you think there is a scam running on Fandom please let us know.