You can modify the look of the new layout via Special:Preferences:
- Expand the width of the content area
- Collapse the right sidebar
- Pick a dark or light theme, or use the default set by the wiki's admins
Note that buttons to toggle these options also appear elsewhere.
If you have questions about the updated Fandom logo and branding, please check out The Future of Fandom.
For guidance on how to adapt your wiki to the new FandomDesktop layout, please see FandomDesktop preparation guide!
If you encounter an issue, please be sure to report it. You have a number of options to do so:
- If your wiki has a Wiki Representative assigned, be sure to raise issues with them.
- Our help desk team is ready to receive any bug reports you may have.
- Our official Discord server has a dedicated UCX channel for discussing the new experience with other editors, admins, Wiki Reps, and Staff.
For more general information about why we have developed this new layout and what it contains, please see these blog posts:
- Introducing FandomDesktop, the new look and feel for desktop users
- A deeper look at Article Pages on FandomDesktop
- A deeper look at Navigation on FandomDesktop
- A Deeper Look at Theme Designer on FandomDesktop
- A Deeper Look at Creator Tools and What's Next
- The FandomDesktop opt-in is now LIVE
- FandomDesktop: A New Experience Has A New Customization Policy
- The FandomDesktop SEO test will start this week (June 8)
- New Wikis are now being created on FandomDesktop (June 28)
- Retirement of legacy designs (August 2)
- Welcome to the future of Fandom (August 3)
- A trio of wiki enhancements for editors and admins (August 11)